South Sydney Visitor Information
Visitor Information: South Sydney, NSW
Welcome to South Sydney, a vibrant and lively region in the south of New South Wales. Here are some tips and recommendations for your visit:
South Sydney is well-served by public transport, including trains, buses and ferries. The Opal card is a smart and convenient way to pay for travel, and can be topped up at most convenience stores and stations.
South Sydney contains a wealth of interesting and exciting attractions, including:
- Botany Bay National Park, a stunning coastal park with walking and cycling tracks, picnic areas and wildlife viewing
- The Australian Museum of Clothing and Textiles, a fascinating museum showcasing the history of fashion and textiles in Australia
- The Sydney Cricket Ground, one of Australia's most iconic sporting venues, hosting cricket, AFL and rugby matches throughout the year
- The Royal National Park, a vast and beautiful park with hiking trails, beaches and campgrounds.
South Sydney is renowned for its diverse and delicious cuisine, with options to suit every taste and budget. Some popular options include:
- The Grounds of Alexandria, a sprawling cafe and restaurant with farm-to-table dishes and a bustling weekend market
- Bodega 1904, a cozy tapas bar with an extensive wine list and delicious small plates
- The East Phoenix, a stylish Chinese restaurant known for its dim sum and dumplings
- The Golden Sheaf, a lively pub with a sunny courtyard and modern pub fare
South Sydney has a range of accommodation options to suit every need and budget, from luxurious hotels to cozy guesthouses. Some recommended options include:
- The Meriton Suites Waterloo, a sleek and modern hotel with spacious rooms and a rooftop pool
- The Veriu Green Square, a stylish and eco-friendly hotel with comfortable rooms and a garden terrace
- The Tudor Hotel, a historic pub with comfortable and affordable rooms in the heart of Redfern
- The Captain Cook Hotel, a charming guesthouse with unique ensuite rooms above a traditional pub in Botany.
We hope you enjoy your visit to South Sydney!